04 March 2012

Quaker Oatmeal vs. Dining Hall Oatmeal

The only oatmeal I ever really ate at home was the Quaker oatmeal that you made from the little packets from the grocery store.  So when I got the oatmeal at the dining hall for the first time, I was a little disappointed in how it tasted.  It lacked that sweet taste I was so used to.  Even though they provide toppings to add to it I could never quite get it to taste as good.  So today I decided to try to recreate my favorite Quaker flavor, apples and cinnamon.  To make it, I cut up about half of a red delicious apple to add into my oatmeal that I had already mixed cinnamon, brown sugar and maple syrup into.  With the addition of the apple, I will say I got pretty close to what I was hoping for.  


And that's how you make the dining hall tasty...

No comments:

Post a Comment