29 April 2012

Breakfast for Lunch...

Today I was surprised when I went down to the dining for lunch to see that the omelet bar was still up and running.  Wanting to take advantage of this rare opportunity, I decided to make myself a protein packed sandwich.  Taking two pieces of sourdough toast, I spread hummus on one side and then drizzled some Sriracha hot sauce on top to give it a spicy kick.  At the omelet bar I had them make me an omelet with tomatoes, spinach and broccoli.  When it was ready I sandwiched it between my toast and sampled my breakfast sandwich.  It was delicious.  A combination of spicy hot sauce and creamy hummus along with the fluffy eggs and crispy toast made a sandwich I will definitely make again.  



And that's how you make the dining hall tasty...

For those readers who are unaware of what Sriracha hot sauce is, it is a potent sauce made from chili peppers ground with garlic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment