26 November 2012

Simple Salmon...

Ready to try cooking meat here, I selected salmon for its ability to taste good with little effort.  Adding dashes of salt and pepper to either side of the filet, I poured a small amount of oil into a heated pan before giving each side a simple sear.  In deciding what to complement my simple salmon with, I determined that pasta would be a good vehicle to hold some sauteed mushrooms and plum tomatoes I had waiting in my fridge for use.  In another pan I heated some oil and tossed in sliced mushrooms, letting them cook first before adding some crushed plum tomatoes to the pan.  To bring out the flavors in these ingredients I next added some red wine, salt and pepper.  After letting the sauce reduce, I added the gluten free pasta shells I had cooked and then plated it with the salmon.  


And that's how you make London tasty...

2 comments:

  1. Very creative. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pairings of different ingredients. Not sure I would have thought of them. Looking forward to trying some of them for dinner this week.

    ReplyDelete