12 December 2012

A Belated Thanksgiving...

Despite my lateness in this post, I will still share the two side dishes I contributed to the Thanksgiving dinner I had while in London this year.  First, I made a traditional sweet potatoes with a maple and brown sugar glaze.  Getting its sweetness mostly from the copious amounts of sugar added to this vegetable, it is a must have at any Thanksgiving feast.  Combining brown sugar, butter and maple syrup in a sauce pan over low heat I prepared the glaze to pour over the peeled cubed potatoes.  I laid the potatoes out in a pan and then drizzled the sticky goodness over them and let them cook for about an hour.  For the brussels sprouts I simply washed and halved them before coating them lightly in oil, salt and pepper.  I added some red onion slices as well before placing them on a pan and letting them roast for about 25 minutes in the oven.  These two very simply prepared sides complemented the turkey and other dishes we had around our table, making this Thanksgiving in London one that felt just like home.  


And that's how you make Thanksgiving tasty...

No comments:

Post a Comment